Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I have always been daddy's little girl. When I was young i went everywhere with my father, with my multicolored farm coat, badger red stocking cap, and rubber boots to my knees-i was his sidekick. he taught me things like how to drive the tractors and fourwheelers, how to change the oil in a car, and how to drive a truck. i still remember begging him to let me sit on his lap and steer while he controlled the foot pedals.

after my little brother was born, i started being left behind more and more because my brother began to take my spot as daddy's little sidekick. although, at the time it was ok because i was about 10 years old and it was becoming un-cool to hang out with your dad all the time. i had better things to do, so i thought, like hanging out with my friends, playing basketball, and talking on the phone.

As i began my teen years my dad and I's relationship continuted to grow. i never talked to him about persal guy issues or anything like that, but i did begin to wish that i would have spent more time with him. i became active in varsity sports in high school it was tradition for all the players to go hug their parents before the game started. needless to say i always gave my dad a big wet kiss too! he didn't always appreciate it at the time, but i know deep down he loved it. my dad and i love to wrestle, he often says he isn't worried about me fighting off an attacker because let's just say i have some "tricks in my pocket!"

now that i have gone off to college he often calls and begs me to come home. i am convinced he misses me dearly. when i go hom he often asks if i want to spend the day with him, driving around the country side or working outside. he tells his friends that if he could clone and of his kids it would be me. i am always willing to help and hardly ever complain. my dad knows he can rely on me to get stuff done.

when i look into the future, i can't wait to ask my dad to walk me down the aisle and dance the father/daughter dance with me. i have a side of me that wants to be goofy and make a fool out of him and then there is a side of me that wants to take the moment and fly with it. i don't tell my father nearly enough how much i love him and how much i appreciate everything he does for me, and i know if i don't do this there are many other daddy's girls that fail to do the same thing too. don't take for granted the love of you father, tell him you love him and tell him you appreciate all the hard work he does for you, so you can live a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment