Thursday, November 19, 2009

Busy

Lately I have been so crazy that it isn't even funny anymore. My schedule is so hectic that it is actually amazing that I get to where I need to be when I need to be there! I have class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I have class from 2:30-3:30 p.m. My core program classes are from 8-12 and then I have written communications on Tuesday and Thursday. After I am finished with class on Monday I go straight to workstudy. I work for Shelly Bauer for two hours (12-2 p.m.) and then I work for the PCC (Parent and Child Center) from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. When I work for Shelly I pretty much do whatever she tells me to. I often times end up doing filing jobs and cleaning jobs as well, although sometimes she has me make copies or put together a bulletin board. When I go to work for the Parent and Child Center, I have to clean up after snack. That includes washing dishes, wiping down the tables, sweeping the floor, wiping and stacking all the little chairs, do the the laundry, and putting away the dishes. After I finish all of that I usually have about an hour left to work so I often get stuck washing windows, wiping down door handles, watering plants, or washing toys. After I finish work I try really hard to get to the gym, but it usually doesn't happen. Also on Monday nights I play Intramural Volleyball at the La Crosse Boys and Girls Club. That is probally the most fun I have all week. It is literally the only time that I don't have to be dressed up should I say!

On Tuesdays after I finish class at noon I work one hour for work studay from 12-1 p.m. During that hour I do a bunch of cleaning. I wipe down all the tables, and straighten out the chairs, and just do little jobs to kind of tidy up all the classrooms in the Parent and Child Center building! Then I get a little free time to myself before I go to class at 2:30. After class the night usually mine. I go to the gym and try to keep my butt in shape....although it isn't really working!

On Wednesday after class I have to hurry out to Eagle Bluff Elementary school for practicum. Practicum is like my field work. I work side by side with my cooperating teacher. She gives me all sorts of jobs to do, such as helping kids with reading, math, or writing. I also do little projects for her such as cutting, tracing, correcting, entering grades, and coppies. I absolutely love all the kids they are so sweet! i also go outside for recess with the students, which is a lot of fun, I often spend time with the students that have mental disabilities only because they absolutely love the attention and they have so much to offer and they love the fact that someone is spending time with them!

On Thursdays I go back to the PCC. I have to be there at 8 in the morning. Right away when I get there I have to change all the cot sheets. Which actually doesnt bother me that much. I also have to wash all the cot sheets and dry them too. After I get done doing the cot sheets I usually get stuck washing toys again, but I also don't mind that either because it's a time that I don't have to talk to anyone so ya! I work there until 10 and then I go and work for Tracy Cracker. She is a really sweet lady and for her I usually do a lot of computer work. I actually do a lot of work in the Constant Contact. I usually end up calling a lot of people for that which kind of sucks because I don't like call people. So I work for her until noon and then I usually go grab something to eat and work on a little homework until I have to go to class at 2:30. After class I usually end up working at Kmart from 4-8:30 which kind of sucks because that is usually the busiest time of the day because everyone is getting off of work and stuff. Finally Friday is here. I go to practicum at Eagle Bluff at 8 in the morning and I am there until 3:30. It is kind of a long day, but it is well worth it. I learn so much in that period of time that it isn't even funny! :) Well that is a sneak preview of how busy my life is on a day to day basis! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment